Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build (updated with video/pics)

Just talked to Lightstreams today about our Glass Tile. It's set to ship out on the 5th of August, so it should work about perfect.

Freight transit is 3 days so should get here by the 9th of August at the latest.

Happy about that.
Nice! I always have trouble even getting them on the phone. After what happened with Nursini I'd recommend calling them on the 5th and verifying that it did indeed ship. Ask for a tracking number.

Steel looks good. Amazed at how much water got drained out of there overnight.

It's amazing how they can get dig>rebar>plumbing>inspection>gunite in as little as 5 days, yet they always quote a 3 month build time.

You will have fun when the plumbers come out. They take a propane tank and hook it up like a flamethrower to bend the piping.
. Our dig, rebar, and plumbing was done in day 1, with gunite on day 2. That was May 31st/June 1st. It seems many builds get a nice fast start and then slow way down. We were supposed to get plaster today but it got rescheduled to tomorrow. We're at nearly 2 months. I think it's the rest of the process and scheduling that takes them a minute.

That sounds cool to watch! I think all of ours was formed by hand as I don't remember seeing a propane tank or any work resembling a flame thrower. Maybe they different ways to do it? I'm kind of bummed we didn't get that show! Lol

Our hold up, it sounds like, will be after gunite while they are scheduling the mason work and such. I knew that going in, but you're right in that it's hard to always understand those delays.

That's where our hold ups were too. They had some issues with scheduling crews and then some would take longer than expected. In our case we had a slow tile/coping crew. It's good your PB is setting the expectations for that slow down though. Ours said 4-6 weeks so while the pace stayed steady it was disappointing to see 6 weeks come and go without an end in sight yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great so far!! So exciting seeing your dream take shape! Make sure they do everything you want. I made some additions and changes during rebar, like adding steps into the tanning ledge and steps into my spa. Wish I would have added a step outside the spa, too. The stone makes it a rough sit-and-spin...

Awesome on the jets! I didn't know anything about jets or placement when we were at that stage. We got what the builder does as a standard.

Nice! What is a Tri-Jet seat? I would pay more attention to the jets if I had it to do again. We got what went standard too because we didn't know to ask for something different.

Awesome on the jets! I didn't know anything about jets or placement when we were at that stage. We got what the builder does as a standard.

I didn't either, but I learned to ask from reading this site so much lately! hahaha. Standard was 6 jets, but we asked for 8, they said they'd do a TriJet which you can see in the photo of the spa on the right side, It's basically two jets at shoulder and one at middle/lower back. Now, it's only 1 of the seats, but that's fine. We'd have to go up to a larger pump if we did more than the 8 total jets and the cost wasn't worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! I always have trouble even getting them on the phone. After what happened with Nursini I'd recommend calling them on the 5th and verifying that it did indeed ship. Ask for a tracking number.

You know, I've had very good luck with them. I've been emailing back and forth since we first started looking at them with David and Brian there. I believe David is the owner. I was concerned after reading the problems others have had but it's been very good to be honest. They have always replied right back and have offered a ton of advice on the thinset, grout coloring, etc. In fact we're going with their recommendation for the grout color which is called Laticrete #53 Twilight Blue and using the White Thinset for the mastic as suggested.

when our PB orderd the tile, David emailed that he got their order and made sure it was right ( I had sent him or plans) and he is also doing a 60/40 split on tiles. Typically they are 50/50 with shiny and iridescent. We wanted the more standard (60%) than the iridescent (40%). He then emailed me within a few hours the other day about when the ship date was and he said to follow up and he'd send me the tracking number. It's being sent to our PB, but he's (Lightstreams) sending me the shipping manifest so I can confirm all the material.

Very happy so far, I'll see if they ship on the 5th of August though :)

Like that Tri-Jet! Hopefully the issues with LS for Nini was the anomaly and they get their **** back together. I bet they're better by email than phone. Getting through by phone was difficult. I'm glad it's going smoothly so far! It would be a shame for people to have issues and not be able to keep getting those beautiful tiles! Cannot wait to see them!

WOW! I had no idea you could do a tri-jet seat! That tanning ledge is humongous. How long is that sucker?

Also, interesting that you have 4 drains at the bottom of your main pool, yet, my builder only did 2 drains. I wonder why.. I will have to ask em.

Your pool is moving FAST!!!!! I agree with you on the rockwork with the slow down, I believe that is why my pool is slowing down now.

WOW! I had no idea you could do a tri-jet seat! That tanning ledge is humongous. How long is that sucker?

Also, interesting that you have 4 drains at the bottom of your main pool, yet, my builder only did 2 drains. I wonder why.. I will have to ask em.

Your pool is moving FAST!!!!! I agree with you on the rockwork with the slow down, I believe that is why my pool is slowing down now.

I have no idea on the 4 drains, maybe someone on the forum will know? We never even talked about it.

The Tanning Ledge is roughly 18' x 4.5'

I had no idea on the tri-jet either. i just asked if we could put more jets in and they told me yes and mentioned that so we said "go for it".

Like that Tri-Jet! Hopefully the issues with LS for Nini was the anomaly and they get their **** back together. I bet they're better by email than phone. Getting through by phone was difficult. I'm glad it's going smoothly so far! It would be a shame for people to have issues and not be able to keep getting those beautiful tiles! Cannot wait to see them!

thanks! I'd like to take credit, but it was the PBs idea. We're excited, just kind of wish we could have done one directly across from it so we'd have two, but the extra cost for an additional larger pump wasn't worth it. Maybe one day my wife will tell me how that TriJet works! haha!

yes, email is better. They are in California so I just find with time zones and for a record of it, that email is better and they've been great to respond. They also sent me 5 or 6 different sample orders so we could be sure and told me about the bent glass tiles we can use on the corners. So far, very happy with them. Reserving judgement 100% until the tile arrives though! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

In looking more closely, it appears we also have 4 in the main pool and 2 in the spa. There's what appears to be one additional in the sidewall.

Crazy Drains!

I had to go look. It looks like we have 2 in the floor and 2 in the side also so I guess I do have 4. It's so funny how everybody's is a little different.

Well....we were all set for Gunite tomorrow, but just got dumped on. Probably close to an inch of rain in about 40 minutes. What the heck? It's the end of July and the last week was hot, dry and 100 for the last week nearly. haha!

I have no idea if they'll do the gunite now. I have a maybe 2 inches of rain in a 6'x6' area of the pool bottom....

If the sun would come out for at least a few hours it would help.

gotta love freak rain in DFW deep into summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.