FreshWater Salt System Too High

The Ahh-Some should arrive either today or tomorrow. So, 1) use the old water that's currently in the tub with the Ahh-Some to clean the system? Then, 2) refill with tap water and adjust chemicals accordingly?
Yes, use the old water. Add the recommended amount. Open all valves so all jets run. Open all air vents (and if applicable turn on air blower). Run all pumps on high for 20-30 minutes. Wipe off any residue. Add half the amount your originally added then run the jets for another 20-30 minutes. If you get more stuff out you can repeat as needed. Once done drain and refill. Be sure to wipe off any residue as/after it drains, once it starts drying it's hard to get off.

Yes, use the old water. Add the recommended amount. Open all valves so all jets run. Open all air vents (and if applicable turn on air blower). Run all pumps on high for 20-30 minutes. Wipe off any residue. Add half the amount your originally added then run the jets for another 20-30 minutes. If you get more stuff out you can repeat as needed. Once done drain and refill. Be sure to wipe off any residue as/after it drains, once it starts drying it's hard to get off.
When adding the Ahh-Some, do you just add the recommended amount (my tub is 360 gallons) directly in the water? Or is it best to add to the filter area?

Thanks for the video!

If I'm going to clean my filters too, would you recommend cleaning them before adding Ahh-Some, drain, and refill, or do all that first then clean the filters?
I just throw them in the with the Ahhsome during the purge & hose them off afterwards just like in the video. Mine aren’t generally too dirty. I guess if they were really gross I would clean them separately.

Reactions: newdude
Mine aren’t generally too dirty. I guess if they were really gross I would clean them separately
Thats what I did. If they were OK-ish they took the purge bath from seat #3. If they were all gunked up already, although not required, they only took a min with the hose to get the big stuff. Then they took the purge bath.

Either way give em a good rinse after.

Reactions: Mdragger88
why the benefits of the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test kit? seems to me the strips for salt and general test strips are easier and cheaper?
K-1766 is an accurate chemical test. Test strips are a guesstimate.

K-1766 chemicals are stable and can be used for years. Test strips degrade over time once exposed to air.

When your SWG is complaining about salt levels having an inaccurate salt test is not helpful for diagnosis.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Same question here. Is the Taylor Kit worth it for the extra $$ compared to other test strips
Any test strip is a guess for any parameter. And the colors change as you look at it. Which one was right ? They also start degrading as soon as you open the bottle, maybe they are *a little* better for the first few, but it's just not reliable.

If you don't know where you actually are, how are you going figure out how to get to where you want to be ? Keep in mind you will be dosing precise measurements based on that imprecise data. It's real easy to get the gallon part right, but if you aren't starting from the right place, the finish line is wrong too.

I had been relying on strips for several years & I always had to drive to the pool store (they use a meter - which can be problematic as well) to confirm/compare my findings when i had a low/high salt problem & it was a pain. It always felt like a guess because the two results were always different. The k1766 takes the guesswork out of the equation. The regeants last at least a couple years if stored properly & it costs about the same price as 2 bottles of guess strips.

Hello. I have a FreshWater Salt System in my Hot Springs spa that almost constantly stays in the “high” (warning) level. However, I only have the salt system set at level 3 out of 10 (10 is the highest). I’ve noticed that my chlorine levels are usually low too.

Anyone else have this issue? I get a “high” reading on the salt system when it’s in a “low” setting, and my chlorine constantly tests low.
I have the same problem after installing a brand new salt cartridge from an original Hotspring salt cartridge. Some are defective which is terrible considering their cost. Any solutions to offer.

The most recent cartridge I installed has somehow lasted almost the entire 4 months (with all others before, I was lucky to get to 2.5 months). I didn't change anything other than lower the temp in the hot tub during summer to about 97 or 98 F.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.