Freshly Installed Liner - lots of wrinkles. Suggestions?

davecate

Jul 12, 2020
Swannanoa NC
So I (finally) got my pool up today and started filling it. Not long after I realized, dang it - we really didn't do the best job with the overlap liner. There are lots of wrinkles and in some areas we did not pull the liner over the top very much at all.

Is this a sound installation? Is it worth it to drain the pool now because I don't have much water in it, and re-install the liner better? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4286.jpg
    IMG_4286.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4287.jpg
    IMG_4287.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 56
Hey dave !! You knew your answer already. We know you knew. But with the end so close its completely normal to just want it to be done. Probably 100 times worse this year with what everyone had to do if they were lucky enough to even get a pool. Dont be done. You'll have several years to kick yourself for taking the easy road.

Looks like my pool. I spent so much time leveling it and prepping the ground, and then as I started filling it my helpers weren't very helpful, and I just didn't notice how bad it was until it was almost full. I thought about draining it and probably should have, but didn't. I thought I'd leave it up over the winter this year (never did before) but with all the wrinkles that made my decision to take it down at the end of the season as I always have done. At this point, a month from now it will be down, and next year I will learn from my mistakes and do a better job. It bothers me every time I see it, but no one else seems to notice or care.

Reactions: davecate
you can use the old style toilet plunger to move the liner but only when there is less than 1 to 2 inches of water :) I have not tried it but will when I get a new liner...

Reactions: davecate
We did our best to get rid of all the floor wrinkles before water was installed. Even after a couple of inches, the wrinkles can be worked out to the edges. Just takes patience. I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• 20200810_201720.jpg
    20200810_201720.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions everyone. Looks like I'll be draining it due to the liner and due to THIS:
One of my boots has completely slide off of my patio block and one of the bottom rails on the pool is bending.. this looks really serious.

Time to drain. I guess my question now is - when do the problems end?? Ugh

IMG_4294.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.