Aug 4, 2021
halifax, nova scotia, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good Evening Folks,

Wondered where other Canadians source their bleach/liquid chlorine over the winter.
The liquid chlorine I get from Canadian Tire is showing a date of manufacture of March. Given everyone is closing their pools for the winter, I don't suspect that Canadian Tire will replenish their stock until the spring and I note that Clorox bleach at Walmart contains the Fabric saver which is
not recommended.

Thank-you

Yeah at least in the US in California I have been completely unable to find bleach without additives. 99c stores, Walmart, target, grocery stores, hardware stores, even generic store brand bleach now has fabric additives. "Plain" bleach doesn't exist anymore, at least here. Also can't find any clorox without any additives.

But, Walmart and Lowe's and home depot here have "pool chlorine" which is sufficient and still cheap so hopefully you can find it up there too.

Thanks Dan, Appreciate it. I think we need some smart TFPers to develop a slow disolving, chlorine tablet that is free from CYA, doesn’t add calcium or TDS, doesn’t ,t degrade on the shelf, etc. that we could throw in floater. Given that it was developed by TFPers, it would be open source for anyone to produce it, keeping it cheap for end users.

Reactions: A.O.
I lucked up the other day at the dollar general- it says 10% & it was a $1 a quart. Couldn’t find any mention of additives on the bottle.
I mostly got it for the bottle itself. My little bottle’s top broke 😩
I generally source my 10% bleach from the local mom & pop pool store in 2.5 gal jugs. Or from Walmart. I buy some at the end of pool season & store it over the winter under my deck & refill my hot tub bottle with it. By the time spring rolls around it has lost a little potency but oh well.
Some weak bleach is better than no bleach-
James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reactions: dan1333
Dont you have some sort of pool stores?? I get all my chlorine from Leslies, 12 1/2 % and comes in 4 gallon cases, about 20 bucks.

I was in Lowes the other day and they had a large bleach display touting super concentrate "use less"... it was 7 1/2%.. not too concentrated in my book!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.