Fresh fill and close?

Chasarms

Silver Supporter
May 8, 2020
Dardenne Prairie, MO
We have a warranty issue with our liner and will have to drain the pool to have have it replaced. I attempted to convince the PC to leave it until spring, but they are not willing. They want to do it now and have said they will likely have availability to do it in late September.

With that in mind, I don't really see there being enough warm, sunny days to have any chance of getting the 50 something degree fill water up to swimmable temps. We would most likely close in mid October anyway. So, I thought I would just fill the pool back up to the normal partial drain level that I put it to when closing, about 3-4" below the return and close it.

My question is this: Should I add CYA to this water before closing or wait until spring when I open it?

I would, just take it to 30 CYA and take your water to SLAM level once it is below 50 degrees and close it :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.