Freezing. Bring unit in?

If it’s easy to remove then there’s no problem brining it inside. My SWG stays on the plumbing because our “freezes” are a few hours at best and the freeze protect is always running so it’s no big deal. But if you’d rather have the peace of mind then that’s ok too.

Reactions: woodyp
The electronics are fine outside as long as they are appropriately mounted. You can always throw a blanket or tarp over the equipment of that helps.

I only bring mine inside because I'd never leave $1800 worth of *anything* sitting in a snow drift for up to a month.

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I have my swcg control box mounted under my deck mainly to protect it from the sun (cuz it gets hot already) but this is also helpful for protecting it from other weather conditions.
Fwiw, Most swcg controllers are pretty permanently mounted & thus designed to be quite weatherproof. I wouldn’t worry about it. Cover it if you feel like you want to but its not necessary. I don’t think I would go through the process of removing it.

Reactions: woodyp

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My cell and module have remained outside and in-place since I got mine. Did fine through the 20201 (I mean 2021) freeze. Now I can sit back and watch the pesky fly's get wiped out by the freeze. Stay warm!

Last edited:
...Did fine through the 20201 freeze....

Whoa, your cell lasted 18,177 years!?!?! That's got to be the record, hands down. Those CircuPool SWGs are really impressive ...

Let's see @Newdude do some of his magic FC production math and let us know what the return on investment was ...

PS - Care to share details on your time-travel machine??

Well just from today to when it failed is 6,634,592 days.

An RJ-45 will make 13 FC per day *cough* per circupool *cough* for 89,249,646 FC.

At the going rate of $1430 the RJ-45 (RJ-30+ current $1 upgrade) is $1547.98 out the door in San Antonio for a staggering $0.000018 per FC. PLUS whatever it already made since it was installed 2 years ago. (I didn't want to split hairs :ROFLMAO:).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.