Freeze protect speeds?

fagin007

Aug 2, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Its 18 degrees here in the Dallas area and I noticed that my Hayward Omnilogic freeze protect is running like its supposed to but its only running on the pool on high when it changes from the spa but only runs on high for a few minutes then at 50% for the rest of the time until it switches back to the spa. The problem with that right now is that my two sheer decents are i guess freezing some when it comes back on high. I have to manually switch it on HIGH on my app. Is there a way in the console outside to make it run on high the whole time or should I be worried as long as the water is running? Its coming out of the sheer decents more than not but wanted to see if there was something that I needed to do. Attaching a picture of my outside console in case anyone else has the same one.hayward screen.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning "007". Sorry no one has replied to your question about managing the pump speed. I'm not an Omni Logic guy, so perhaps one of our other member can answer that specific question for you if you haven't already figured it out. Please post back if you still need answers. Hope all is going okay for you up there. Stay warm and safe.

Thanks no reply yet and its been tough getting in touch with Hayward. I think I will just let it alone since my sheer decents froze up and I wouldnt want to be stuck on high when them not working. Medium has worked with the help of me busting up the blocks of ice so I will be ready next time this happens.

I have omni logic, and basically (the way mine is set, at least) it runs on medium as long as the temperature is below 32.

But then I lost power for 30 hours, so it became rather useless. Facepalm.

good luck!

Cool thanks I will just leave it alone since high wouldnt work with all of the power outages that we keep having.

Just don't make the same mistake I did, if the power goes off. drain the filter, heater, and pumps as best you can and flip the breaker. No regrets on my end, because I was focused on not breaking pipes in the house, but... Yeah, I'll be supporting the pool industry in a few weeks. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.