freestanding or attached screen structures

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I mostly see these on Florida pools, but anybody can reply. looking for info and especially photos, up close at structural aspects and outside/inside whole views.

sister lives in Phx, AZ metro area and has an old house that has/had a screened porch with a wood frame, very boxy, flat top that matches the design of the house. it needs replacing badly and I think steel would be a better material. who builds these, do they build them anywhere besides Florida? what do they run? hers is probably cube shaped, maybe 20 x20 by 10 or 12 feet high. one side is against the house, another is also against it but attached at a balcony above the porch (the top edge of the screen structure is the "railing" and fence of the balconey and each end of the balconey is open to the roofs of other parts of the main floor), a third side is attached about half its length, the front is unattached and has a door.

here is a bad photo of a photo, I may have some better ones but this was handy at the moment this mosly showing the upper part of the "free standing" corner, the bronzy panels are screen (just sunlight on old screen, they aren't that color) and how the edge of the balcony "rail"/top of the screen structure is away from the upper floor

Attachments

• 20210816_094024.jpeg
    20210816_094024.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.