NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Will there be a problem if I place a freestanding/above ground hot tube next to my in ground pool? There is a retaining wall on the back end of my pool where the hot tub will be located. The disconnect will be within NEC guide lines with the pool and the hot tub. Just wasn’t sure if there was any code or dangers about a freestanding hot tub in close proximity to a in ground pool.

Thanks!

Make sure it is sitting on undisturbed ground so the weight of it will not cause it to compress the ground under the pad. If you cannot put it on undisturbed ground think about pouring a pier or two under the pad it will be sitting on.

In this area the inground pool sticks out of the ground about 24”. There is a retaining wall where the pool sticks out of the ground to keep the back fill in place. I was going to abut a hot tub along the retaining wall. Just concerned will it be safe to do so. I know according to NEC rules you can not have an electrical outlet within 10’ of the pool. The hot tub will be 3’ from the waters edge. The hot tub will have a dis on next located 15’ away from the pool, which is ok with code rules. Just wondering if the hot tub is a safety hazard being so close to the pool?

You need to ask your inspector/code office—there are some exceptions to other instances because of retaining walls. This isn’t specifically mentioned in the nec.

Also I found this thread 4 u- though it may be different in your area

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.