Freeform pool with water features

veneanz

May 21, 2019
Celina, Texas
Hello, everyone. I'm torn on what to do about my water features on my wall. My design shows three scuppers all facing towards my home spread out evenly. Looks great on paper, right! Well, the wall is up, my water features are not spread out evenly so I pointed it out to the builder and he moved them where I wanted them but never told me that the scuppers would be pointing out 3-6 inches on one side of each scupper. Well, I don't like this because it's an obvious fix. It looks tacky. He is willing to move them back to where he had them but charge me or leave them alone and he shaves off the corners that are sticking out. My question is, how are water features placed on a freeform 18'' wall. I'm so disappointed because if I would've known the water features would not be the same as the original design, I would've asked for a different water feature.

So let me get this straight......................They moved the middle and left one BUT left the right one where it was from the beginning correct? (This will be important in the long run.)

Do ALL of them stick out some? INCLUDING the one on the right side??? See where I am going?

He used STRAIGHT where he should have used curved.............and yeah they DO make curved ones. This is all on HIM! It looks bad even at a distance. I can't imagine how bad they look up close :(

It is time for a sit down talk with the PB. I did a search for "curved pool waterfalls" and found several pics. Here is one set: curved pool waterfalls - Google Search: Show him this and tell him this is how you expected YOURS to look like.

So let me get this straight......................They moved the middle and left one BUT left the right one where it was from the beginning correct? (This will be important in the long run.)

Do ALL of them stick out some? INCLUDING the one on the right side??? See where I am going?

He used STRAIGHT where he should have used curved.............and yeah they DO make curved ones. This is all on HIM! It looks bad even at a distance. I can't imagine how bad they look up close :(

It is time for a sit down talk with the PB. I did a search for "curved pool waterfalls" and found several pics. Here is one set: curved pool waterfalls - Google Search: Show him this and tell him this is how you expected YOURS to look like.

Yes he left the one on the right. I had him move the middle and left because that’s how my design is. I thought all my water features would be flowing towards this house not in angles.
The one on left and middle stick out 6 inches and one corner and 3 inches on the other corner of the scupper. He did it this way so they would be flowing towards the house. Now they just look bad.

Yes he left the one on the right. I had him move the middle and left because that’s how my design is. I thought all my water features would be flowing towards this house not in angles.
The one on left and middle stick out 6 inches and one corner and 3 inches on the other corner of the scupper. He did it this way so they would be flowing towards the house. Now they just look bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.