Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello TFP!

I have a fountain that has some old fiber optic lights built into the fountain. The fiber optic has never worked so I was planning on removing it. Recently I noticed that when the fountain is on, I loose water to the point where my auto-fill can't keep up. Upon further inspection I noticed that the fountain is leaking very slightly out the back side. When the fiber optic lights where installed they just drilled a hole through the mortar and installed the fiber optic cables. Those holes are where it's leaking. I was thinking of cutting out the fiber optic cables and using something like this to fill the holes.

P.S. The leak isn't enough to where I have a puddle in my backyard, but it's enough to notice the water level in the pool being low after a few hours.

What are you thoughts?

Thanks!

Read the comments on the HD site. One said "The DAP Concrete product just doesn't stand up well when submersed/sitting in water."

I would use some hydraulic cement or Type S Mortar to plug the holes.

Reactions: Cwiggs
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.