fountain help...... want to cool the pool

rstephenson

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Our pool water (small in ground) is about 90-92 degrees in the heat of the day. We're in Texas and it's not even the hot part of the year yet.
Only about 3-4 hrs direct sunlight per day.

I THINK i wanted to put a fountain / sprayer on one of the returns BUT the return is 1.5 inch slip joint. Everything i find is for a 1.5 inch threaded joint.

Looking for suggestions before i go off and try to build a stand alone sprayer of some sort. Would rather not have more equipment drug into the pool but we really want to try to cool the pool water to make it a little more enjoyable.

as always, appreciate the input

I hear ya. We're between 94-96 in my area. Ugh. While I made a PVC-type fountain, and I've seen several others on the forum, I generally try to cool our pool down when I add water. I have one of those fan nozzles that I aim a bit high to catch cooler air early in the morning without creating too much aeration (pH). Since I need to add water every 3 days or so anyway, it's a good time to do it. Brings the temp down a couple degrees.

full

I hear ya. We're between 94-96 in my area. Ugh. While I made a PVC-type fountain, and I've seen several others on the forum, I generally try to cool our pool down when I add water. I have one of those fan nozzles that I aim a bit high to catch cooler air early in the morning without creating too much aeration (pH). Since I need to add water every 3 days or so anyway, it's a good time to do it. Brings the temp down a couple degrees.

full
I'm right down the road in New Braunfels. Is that the nozzle you use for filling ?You don't have any kind of "regular" mister or sprayer plumbed into the pool ?

Each of these will slip into a SCH 40 1.5" pipe. Could you build something from there?

Reactions: rstephenson
Each of these will slip into a SCH 40 1.5" pipe. Could you build something from there?

That may work but it would stick out "into" the pool. And the returns that are in there are a TIGHT fit.
I've though about buying a dye and just threading the inside of the return pipe also.

I'm right down the road in New Braunfels. Is that the nozzle you use for filling ?You don't have any kind of "regular" mister or sprayer plumbed into the pool ?
Correct. Mine is just a cheapo fan nozzle. I do have a stub-out as you can see below where I connected some 2: PVC with hloes drilled in it, but it's more of a fountain for fun or aeration and not so much to cool the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.