jake556

Nov 13, 2020
AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I have been taking care of my pool for a while now, and just barely noticed you input alkalinity on the PH math page whoops. Was wondering why my PH was always a bit high. (8.2) I checked my alkalinity and it was at 150. So I added MA according. Now I know

By lowering the PH and then aerating it to raise it again, most people see the TA decrease by 10. You'll probably have to repeat several rounds but no emergencies, it takes time and is ok. (y) once it gets in the neighborhood of 100-110 it will settle down and find its happy place. Once it does, *listen to it and leave it be* :) You will notice much less PH drift after that.

Reactions: jake556
By lowering the PH and then aerating it to raise it again, most people see the TA decrease by 10. You'll probably have to repeat several rounds but no emergencies, it takes time and is ok. (y) once it gets in the neighborhood of 100-110 it will settle down and find its happy place. Once it does, *listen to it and leave it be* :) You will notice much less PH drift after that.

Awesome was thinking man this Muriatic Acid will last forever! Haha PH came right down to a 7.2 Ill check the alkalinity tomorrow, thanks for the tip on aeration.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.