For the Pool Gods here on TFP

I can not believe the amount of junk i am pulling out of this pool! I have a pile of leaves large enough for a small child to play in, and i have to back wash the filter about every hour or 2. The pressure hits about 20 PSI and time to dump all the black stuff out. The wash out comes out looking like coffee! Oh, and it turns out that the pool hasn't been opened for 5 years. Thankfully the liner isn't stained where the water level has been sitting for that long.

I can not believe the amount of junk i am pulling out of this pool! I have a pile of leaves large enough for a small child to play in, and i have to back wash the filter about every hour or 2. The pressure hits about 20 PSI and time to dump all the black stuff out. The wash out comes out looking like coffee! Oh, and it turns out that the pool hasn't been opened for 5 years. Thankfully the liner isn't stained where the water level has been sitting for that long.
:nopic:

I'd pull the CYA socks and wait on them until you get everything raked out of that black beast!

I would loved to take and post pics, but i got so wrapped up in cleaning it that i did not. My pool went blacker then a stroke at midnight Sat. to cloudy today. To say i SLAMMED it would be an understatement. No if i can just get past the cloudiness to clear i'll be set!

I pulled 3 large trash bags of leave and branches out of the "black monster". While donig the first vacuuming i had to empty the pump basket and backwash after 2 strokes with the scrubbing vacuum head. Today the green/gray is gone, and you could just make out the black spot in the center of the pool where the rest of the garbage had settled. 3 more pump baskets this evening and i think i got it all, FINALLY! It should be a crime to work this hard.

I would loved to take and post pics, but i got so wrapped up in cleaning it that i did not. My pool went blacker then a stroke at midnight Sat. to cloudy today. To say i SLAMMED it would be an understatement. No if i can just get past the cloudiness to clear i'll be set!

I pulled 3 large trash bags of leave and branches out of the "black monster". While donig the first vacuuming i had to empty the pump basket and backwash after 2 strokes with the scrubbing vacuum head. Today the green/gray is gone, and you could just make out the black spot in the center of the pool where the rest of the garbage had settled. 3 more pump baskets this evening and i think i got it all, FINALLY! It should be a crime to work this hard.
But think of the muscles you're building!

After a long stretch of brushing and vacuuming, you need something like this:

hideawayb.jpg

But think of the muscles you're building!

After a long stretch of brushing and vacuuming, you need something like this:

hideawayb.jpg

As much as i need a good work out ... i deliver that "stuff" in the back ground and the lil shot glass there in the foreground for a living. Coming home after working to vacuuming is not my idea of fun, but i do find it relaxing. It is nice to see the pool coming along quickly, but now i want the cloudy to go so i can be the nut neighbor and scream like a little school girl when i can see the bottom of "my" pool. It's the little things in life, ya know? LOL

As much as i need a good work out ... i deliver that "stuff" in the back ground and the lil shot glass there in the foreground for a living. Coming home after working to vacuuming is not my idea of fun, but i do find it relaxing. It is nice to see the pool coming along quickly, but now i want the cloudy to go so i can be the nut neighbor and scream like a little school girl when i can see the bottom of "my" pool. It's the little things in life, ya know? LOL
Oh, well, if you want to squeal like a choolgirl, maybe something like this :mrgreen:
cocktails.jpg

I have not yet purchased my test kit yet. Pool is almost clear. I had the water tested at the local pool store. FC was off he charts which screwed the CC level. pH is alright and CYA is around 10 but i'm waiting to see what it is by the end of this week. I'm almost there ... and i have ya'll to thank. Once my CCs get in line then i can relax and sleep at night again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just so i understand ... if the CC is high the pool is still "sick"? Meaning it is still trying to clear itself, correct? A quick test this morning showed a FC reading of 16 and a CC of around 6. The pool was the cleanest it has been in year this morning .... almost crystal clear. I have had the pump on for going on 3 days now. Backwashed it this mornr and was dirty. I'm just wondering how to bring the CC down when the FC is holding at high levels.as well?

SLAM'ing brings the CC down. The test kit would assist you greatly in finishing off the pool. High chlorine levels do not *screw* CC levels.

I had the water tested at the local pool store. FC was off he charts
That is a problem with the pool store testing, not your FC. I made the mistake of putting off the test kit. During that time I had minor problems (ie: algae) crop up regularly. Since I got it I have had no algae at all, even with occasionally slacking on maintenance. It's your call, I don't sell the things so doesn't affect me, but I guarantee you won't regret it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.