For Sale: NIB - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus CCP420 Cartridge Filter; 420 sq-ft; 150 gpm - Tampa Bay Local Pick Up

Julianl50

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2020
Bradenton, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Brand New.
I bought new pentair products and wanted the extended warranty for the lights and pump(must buy a filter to activate). I'm selling because I have another filter already.
Local pick up is preferred. But if it works I will ship.

I'd like to point out that the warranty is activated for you, so it won't be available for the purchaser. If the price is right, it's still a win for both of you, but food for thought. :)

I'd like to point out that the warranty is activated for you, so it won't be available for the purchaser. If the price is right, it's still a win for both of you, but food for thought. :)
Good point.
Should someone be concerned about trouble with these filters in the warranty period?

Should someone be concerned about trouble with these filters in the warranty period?
No. Not particularly, as all products have an overwhelming success rate when new, but it is still a thought for the few that fail.

Fun/relevant story about my filter. At the height of the shortages, it came with the wrong filters inside. Somebody put the wrong stickers on them at the factory and everybody down the line went by the stickers, not the confilting stamps in the cartridge plastic.

The random pool store I bought if from couldn't grasp the concept that the stickers were wrong, so I pulled them off and swapped them. I pointed to the factory stamps to prove the actual model #s and they still couldn't grap it. They had the Pentair rep come, who *also* couldn't grasp it, but agreed they didn't sit right in the housing. (Because. They. Weren't. The. Right. Filters. :brickwall:). So instead of just swapping the filters, the Pentair rep took the whole thing and replaced it entirely.

My filters are expensive and I would have been out $1000 for new carts. They wouldn't have given me the time of day if I had purchased it 2nd hand, even though it was never used.

So, obviously, you are looking to recoup as much money as possible, but if my 2 choices were retail price with no warranty, or retail price with a warranty, I'd buy it from the store. Somewhere in the middle is a happy medium, but that risk to cost ratio changes for each prospective buyer. For some, not paying 6% in FL sales tax is enough. Others would want a sweeter pot.

List it on FB Market place, CL and the offerup app to reach a larger audience. :)

Fun/relevant story about my filter. At the height of the shortages, it came with the wrong filters inside. Somebody put the wrong stickers on them at the factory and everybody down the line went by the stickers, not the confilting stamps in the cartridge plastic.

The random pool store I bought if from couldn't grasp the concept that the stickers were wrong, so I pulled them off and swapped them. I pointed to the factory stamps to prove the actual model #s and they still couldn't grap it. They had the Pentair rep come, who *also* couldn't grasp it, but agreed they didn't sit right in the housing. (Because. They. Weren't. The. Right. Filters. :brickwall:). So instead of just swapping the filters, the Pentair rep took the whole thing and replaced it entirely.

My filters are expensive and I would have been out $1000 for new carts. They wouldn't have given me the time of day if I had purchased it 2nd hand, even though it was never used.

So, obviously, you are looking to recoup as much money as possible, but if my 2 choices were retail price with no warranty, or retail price with a warranty, I'd buy it from the store. Somewhere in the middle is a happy medium, but that risk to cost ratio changes for each prospective buyer. For some, not paying 6% in FL sales tax is enough. Others would want a sweeter pot.

List it on FB Market place, CL and the offerup app to reach a larger audience. :)

Disclaimer: Do NOT buy this filter. :ROFLMAO:

I'm listing this here as an offer to help a fellow pool owner save $$.
I would like it to be a local sale so that we could avoid the issues you describe.

Disclaimer: Do NOT buy this filter. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah. My build had several peoples worth of headaches. It's still too soon to process alot of it and I've blocked whole months from memory. :ROFLMAO:
I'm listing this here as an offer to help a fellow pool owner save $$.
We appreciate it, and best of luck to you and the buyer. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.