foot print in bottom of pool

Jul 25, 2010
I just had my pool installed on Thursday. I HAD to leave right before they put the liner in to get my kids from school so I never really got to see what the sand under the liner looked like. Anyway I turn on my pool like last night because I because I misunderstood the directions for adding stabilizer and the Crud went all over the pool floor instead of in the skimmer. So when the light went on I noticed the floor had areas that are not so smooth. One area has foot prints where the guys were installing the inside skimmer plate. Thanks to my mess up with the stabilizer the I was able to see all the inprefection in the sand under the liner. So what do I do???

This pool in the last week has made me stress beyond healthyness. I didn't pay $900 for a pool install with a crappy bottom that has foot prints and what not. Luckly my liner is really dark and looks like small rocks so the only time you can see all of it is when the light is on and when my stupid self has stabilizer all over the pool bottom.

My opinion...don't sweat it. I have a sand bottom as well and my installers were so meticulous that they used folded up cardboard/ducktape sandles so there were no footprints when putting in the liner....one year later...the bottom looks like the moon :shock: You get used to it...next time I will try a foam underlayment, but likely will just go inground.

I have 3 wonderful "bucket prints" where my installers rested their 5 gallon pales during construction. I only see them at night with the pool light on or when dirt happens to settle there. As bmanb2b says don't sweat it. You get used to it and none of your guests and family members will notice it unless you point it out.

Let me be a third to add a note of encouragement. I have a boot print in my floor in the slope, plus an assortment of other imperfections in the floor that only show up at night when the light is on. During the day they are hardly noticeable at all. The important thing is the indentations don't interfere with fit, form, or function, and just about all pools have them. I have some sinking going on next to one of my main drains which started this year and is a big concern. Enjoy your pool!

Thank you so much for the replies. I am now not so worried about it. As my husband said " You stress about everything and if someone comes over and says " You got foot prints right there" then kick them the heck out of the pool "

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Little Aussie Battler said:
Foot prints could be a pleasant reminder of that sexy good looking pool guy who used to walk around shirtless with beads of sweat running down his perfect body. :-D Might not be a good idea to tell your husband. :lol:

Relax, love the foot prints and enjoy your pool. :-D

Thankyou for the compliment, but it wasn't i who installed her pool. LOL :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.