Follow up re: my new Pentair Superflo VST

PatD25443

Jul 30, 2021
Shepherdstown WV
Hi so I had the above (1.5 HP) pump installed yesterday in my approximately 20k gallon SWG pool with an infloor cleaning system and it’s working great. BUT the local dealer programmed it to run at 2600 RPM 23 hours a day and 1400 for an hour a day and I’m wondering if that’s necessary. They said it’s better this way with a AWG but I noticed that the salt cell was picking up a flow even at the 1400.

Why wouldn’t I have it run, say 3200 or 3300 for a couple hours a day to provide a good kick to the in floor system, then run at 2400 or so for 12 hours then the remaining 10 at 1400. Wouldn’t that make more sense and be more energy efficient?

Pat,

In my mind it does not make sense to run the pump if you are not making chlorine. So, I suggest that you determine the slowest speed that still makes the flow switch on your SWCG close, then add 100 RPM and call that the "slowest speed you ever want to run"

If your in-floor system works best at 3200, then it makes perfect sense to run the pump at that speed for whatever cycle time it takes to clean your pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: PatD25443
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.