Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ35
Hi everyone,

i have dogs and I feel like my liner would be safer up against the powder coated metal walls of the pool rather than what seems to me to be a more puncture prone soft material.. but my installer says this is best.. I also don’t like that the foam is installed with duct tape, as over time I can see it loosening and wrinkling behind the liner.. can you tell me what you think? I have a 28ml liner...

** I also would have preferred this deep end be drained and fully dried before liner install. They plan to drain (from rain) and install liner same day.. is that ok?

Last edited:
I cannot really speak for the dogs as we don’t have any.

The foam is just fine though being held up by duct tape. Once filled there will be so much weight being pressed on it by the water it won’t have anywhere to go. Additionally the deep end is fine slightly damp as in time it will dry with no harm.

JenWas- You are having the pool properly bonded...right? Those skimmer anodes aren't really all that great and don't take the place of proper bonding. Maddie :flower:

The pool has to be bonded, but if you were to add an zinc anode, I would recommend highly at the pump bonding wire, buried in moist soil. I had apparent rusting at the screws and the zinc anode solved the problem. Years later, still no problems with galvanic corrosion. The anode is for corrosion, not bonding properties.

Regarding the duct tape and foam, you will not really be able to tell that much with a thicker liner. Usually, the PB will spray something behind the foam to hold up as this was done with my friends pool. Concrete base and vermiculite base is porous and the water will dry. You may want to use a shop vac and remove most of it yourself and the air should take care of the rest in a pretty quick amount of time.

I have foam on my pool walls and I like it. Going on for more than 4 years now.

As someone else said, there is so much pressure pushing against the walls, that foam ain't going anywhere.

And another thing you'll learn, once the pool is full, the liners are tougher than you might imagine they are. I worried about the same too, and all for nothing.
I would let any dog have the time of his life in my pool if that's what he wanted to do. In fact, the squirrels are more of a risk to the liner than a dog will be.

The pesky critters have a habit of leaning over the edge of my pool, taking a grip with their claws, and helping themselves to a big gulp!

Ok thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Maddie,

I believe the electrician did bond the pool, he ran a copper wire all the way around it connected at various points, and that runs underground back to the equipment and is sitting there on a spool for now (they aren't done yet). I also had an inline anode placed. Hoping im covered! Thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Tena,

Yes, and I was about to start a new thread about this but since you mentioned it, I would love everyone's opinion.. For the most part the liner looks great, I have an area of concern, which is the steps.. See photos.. I am not sure if he just did not suck enough air out or what but its very wrinkly and one corner at bottom step doesnt seem to be sitting flush, and its on a seam, which concerns me as a weak spot. Is this something I can wait til summer to fix or should I stop filling the pool and make them fix now?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks DivingDave!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.