Hewitt, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Auto Chlor SMC-30
I’m having the same problem! Coming off a slam. Pool still looking cloudy, annoyingly. image.jpg

My levels:

CYA: 90
FC: 39 (No overnight loss)
CC: 0.5
TA: 75
PH: 7.0 (I know it’s low)

Using Taylor 2006C Kit.

TB,

I assume that you do not have a SWCG.

So, then the question is what did you add to the pool?

Did you use Bleach with easy pour additives?

Algicides or ????

Thanks,

Jim R.
My apologies I do have an SWCG.

The only thing I’ve added is chlorine from Walmart, and Muriatic Acid from Lowes.

Nothing else has been added.

We have seen some members with SWCG this spring have foam.

To rule out other issues, post a pic of the Walmart chlorine.

Either way, liquid chlorine will likely clean this up. I would stay at SLAM level until it clears.

TB,

You should fix your pool's signature.. :mrgreen:

Salt cell by themselves do not cause foam. I have no clue what it is , but it has to be something in the water.

Since you live in Texas, I assume that you do not close your pool in the winter. Is that true?

Are you just now turning on your SWCG for this year? If so, what did you add to the pool over the winter when the cell was off?

If you have been running the SWCG for a while this year, what did you add just before the foam showed up?

I like the idea of cranking the cell up to max for a few days, or adding more Liquid Chlorine, and see if the additional chlorine will get rid of the foam.

Since we have seen this a couple of times this year, there has to be a common link. I'd try a different brand of chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: TitanBrave
Ok I’m using the same brand available at Lowes etc:

1686014416019.png
That’s correct, I did not close our pool.

My SWCG has been running for about 3 weeks.

Over winter I just added a few bottles of the same chlorine.

SWCG has been running since I posted that picture of the foam, the foam has gone.

The pool still remains cloudy, just gonna keep the slam going.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.