la vista, ne
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have perused some threads about purchasing a closed cell foam to cut down and replace the foam behind my weir doors and wondering if someone can confirm if this would work? I’m thinking I may have some algae spores stuck in the foam that aren’t allowing me to complete my opening slam.

That should do the trick if you can get it to the right thickness.
There’s alot there so you’ll get multiple shots.
You can also look at replacing the weir door and it should come with foam.
Taking your current foam out & soaking in Clorox cleanup & scrubbing it may also do the trick until you get replacement foam.
I was able to just scrub mine.

Don’t forget to check all the other usual suspects too …

*Check & scrub every nook & cranny where algae may hide (light niches, steps, drain covers, ladder handrails, skimmer throats/weirs, abandoned lines, auto fill, overflow drains, etc.)
*Run slam level water through all water features & lines for at least a couple hours a day during the SLAM Process.
*Brush & or vac daily (this breaks up biofilms that algae uses to protect itself from chlorine)
*Backwash/clean filter when pressure rises 25%over clean pressure.

Don’t forget to check all the other usual suspects too …

*Check & scrub every nook & cranny where algae may hide (light niches, steps, drain covers, ladder handrails, skimmer throats/weirs, abandoned lines, auto fill, overflow drains, etc.)
*Run slam level water through all water features & lines for at least a couple hours a day during the SLAM Process.
*Brush & or vac daily (this breaks up biofilms that algae uses to protect itself from chlorine)
*Backwash/clean filter when pressure rises 25%over clean pressure.
Thanks! I have checked all and and I brush multiple x /day. I don’t keep the best notes but I test and add 3-4x a day as well. I also backwash more frequently as I have a sand filter and want to rid dead algae from reappearing. My water is crystal and I’ve passed an OLCT but still see a bit of dead algae. Seems like I have the same problem every year…I even removed my ladder permanently to take out of the equation. Hoping this is the key!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 6
It’s looking good 👍🏻 Keep going until there’s no more dead stuff- probably only a day or two left. The recurrent dead algae should become less & less. It shouldn’t be too hard to maintain slam at this point as losses should be slowed.
Btw- sand filters actually work better when they’re a little dirty so let the pressure rise to 25% over clean or even a scootch more before backwashing.
Adding a little de can also help remove the finer stuff. Just Be sure you’ll be home to monitor the pressure.

I doubt you have live algae spores stuck in the weir door foam with chlorinated water constantly flowing over it.

I would not go tearing up good weir doors in that hunt.

My weir door foam is easily removable- it was green behind it! I was able to remove & scrub it & now I periodically check it. My weir doors are cheap & sadly the tabs break easily so I always keep a spare.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.