Flowvis has a digital model now!

Thorvald

Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2011
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
While I love my Flowvis FV-C flow meter, I've been dying for a method to see it remotely or to connect it to my Omnilogic system. Nothing drives me more nuts when I try to turn on the heater and the limit string has an error (usually just not enough flow due to skimmer needs a cleaning).

H2flow+Controls_FlowVis+Digital.png

FV-D-with-sensor.png

They sell retrofit kits as well. Can't find any pricing on this yet (and by the looks of that display I bet it will be pretty dear!) but nice to see a new option out.

Nice!!! I might consider one depending on their “port functionality” that allows reading the digital value (for DIY automation, remote monitoring, etc)...Why?..because I like data, haha. The original FlowVis is pretty easy to read, and accurate, once you know how to “eye” the reading line-of-sight...but of course there is no way to get that information unless you are “eyeing” it, which means you have to be physically out at your pool pad.

Alternatively, I eventually plan to fully characterize my system (using psi’s + rpm + watts). I think this would allow me to know very accurate dynamic gpms (and Energy Factor) at any given time, based on those operating conditions.

Last edited:
Turns out they have added a magnet to the moving plastic gauge inside and are likely using a Hall effect method to read the position of the gauge. So adding to an automation system maybe than we think.

Once the retrofit model is out I may look at just getting the replacement valve insert and wiring up my own interface with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi. All depends on how expensive and what functionality we get out of their display.

Reactions: jonpcar
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.