East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a one year old system. It had been wired improperly and the SWG was staying on when the variable speed pump was off. I fixed the wiring so the pump and SWG both flow into the pump relay on my Jandy system, but the issue revealed an issue with the flow switch. AquaRite should show no flow when pump is off (assuming it gets power, which it did before I fixed). The no flow should shut off the SWG. In my case, no flow comes on at startup, then goes off. But when the pump stops, the flow stitch stays on.

Disconnecting flow switch from SWG base turns on the no flow light, so I believe that narrows down the issue to the switch itself. I removed the switch and it appears open and the SWG says no flow. Pool company thinks that drainage from heater when unit is off is triggering switch to show flow. But it seems more likely to me that my switch is bad. They want to move switch to a vertical rather than horizontal orientation. Thoughts?

Show us pics of your pool equipment and where the flow switch is mounted.

The pool company "fixed" the flow switch today - I believe they replaced it. Pictures attached. It appears that I may not have a Hayward branded T pipe for the flow switch

Attachments

• IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3448.jpg
    IMG_3448.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3450.jpg
    IMG_3450.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3453.jpg
    IMG_3453.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.