Flow switch and salt cell

JenF75

Jul 12, 2017
Stouffville, ON, Canada
My SWG is not producing chlorine and I just realized my "no flow" light is on". I'm assuming my flow switch needs replacing, which I've done one before (maybe 3 yrs ago) so I ordered one today.

If this light is on, am I correct to think my SWG won't produce chlorine? Or am I dealing with 2 issues and need a new salt cell as well?

If I need a new salt cell, I have the Hayward salt cell ls-cul (low salt system) and it's $1200!!! Are cells interchangeable or can I buy an after market one??

Thank you, those links are very helpful!!

Question from the info....quote: "You can run a regular Aquarite with a T-15 cell and set the cell size to T-9 or T-5 to run at lower salinity. With the T-15 cell you can run the salinity at about 1,600 with the cell type to T-5. You can run at about 2,400 with the cell type set to T-9."

Is this saying I can use a normal T-15 salt cell and set my low salt system at either T-5 or T-9? Or is it saying that if someone has a regular salt system and they prefer to use lower salt, they can use the T-15 cell and set their system at T-5 or T-9?

I'm confused because my salt cell clearly says "low salt" on it, but I'm hoping to be able to use a less expensive, regular salt system salt cell.

Apologies if this isn't making sense!! I'm regretting the low salt system purchase as I have a heck of time finding any info on it!!

If you wish to stay with 'low salinity' in your pool water, then you would use a regular T15 cell and set it at T5 or T9.
Or, raise the water salinity to normal levels (3000 ppm), install a T15 cell, and operate normally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.