Flow rate help please

marks144

Dec 19, 2020
Indio, California
Hello from a novice,
I'm well into the process of having an "L" shaped pool and raised spa installed. The gunite and tile etc is done and they're scheduled to be here tomorrow to plaster (Pebble tec). Most of the way around the pool and spa is an 18" raised bond beam with "stacked stone" above the 6x6 water line tiles. There are four 1" return lines coming through the gunite walls in the pool. In the spa there's a 1 1/2" return to push water into the raised spa and overflow into the pool when in "pool mode". So that's a total of 5 1/2" of combined diameter return. (4x1) + 1.5= 5 1/2". In the spa (when in spa mode) there are 6 1" pipes for the spa jets. There is a variable speed pump capable of 3 horse power. I'm not sure how the returns are to be "terminated", meaning does the 1" ID pipe (about 1.3" O.D.) fit into (inside) the "jet or eyeball" or does the jet or eyeball fit inside the 1" I/D. pipe (which is Schedule 40).

Question: If the jet fits into the 1" I.D. pipe, then obviously the flow would be restricted to something below 1". Maybe 3/4"? If the jet slips over the 1" ID pipe, then it would not be restricted.

I know I'm beyond late with asking this, but does anyone see a real problem here?
Thanks!
Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.