Florida Sunseeker replacing Intellibrite 5g with ScreenLogic

Tinaja

Jul 15, 2013
My beloved Intellibrite 5g died after about two years. I would like to replace it with the Florida Sunseeker board. My question is this: I have ScreenLogic. Can I use it to turn the light off and on? I know I can't use it to adjust the colors (not exactly, anyway), which is sad, but if I could just turn the light on, that would be great, because the pool is far away and it is dark out there!

It seems it would work, since it is sending power to the light?

Tina,

I don't think the EasyTouch will care. It basically just turns a relay on and off. I say this assuming that the Sunseeker will run off the same external transformer that your current light uses..

I guess it would help to know if your current set up have 120 volt lights or 12 volt lights..

I'll see what I can find on the Sunseeker..

Edit.. Do you just intend to replace the board inside the light assembly itself?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Tina,

I did not find a lot of info on the Sunseeker, just sales stuff... But what makes you think the EasyTouch won't work to control these lights. My guess is it will work just fine.

Keep in mind there are two types of lights.. 120 volt and 12 volt.. Make sure you get the right board.

Thanks,

Jim R.

All of the Sunseekers are 12V and all IntelliBrites are 12V. The 120V IntelliBrite versions have a transformer built in to the housing but the actual light itself is 12V.

I have 4 of the Sunseekers and they work just fine with ScreenLogic. The specific colors and shows can't just be selected like they can with the IntelliBrites but it sounds like you are already anticipating that.

Last edited:
I have 4 of the Sunseekers and they work just fine with ScreenLogic. The specific colors and shows can't just be selected like they can with the IntelliBrites but it sounds like you are already anticipating that.
Also looking to replaced a failed Intellibrite 5G colored LED board with a Sunseeker. Am also using ScreenLogic.

when you say colors and light shows can’t just be selected like they can with Intellibrites, what do you mean? How does it work? Will the SSs only light up white? How do you change colors? Am not interested in the light shows; have never used them. But did like the ability to change the LED colors of both of our pool lights. (They we’re always the same color)

All of the Sunseekers are 12V and all IntelliBrites are 12V. The 120V IntelliBrite versions have a transformer built in to the housing but the actual light itself is 12V.

@bdavis466

Are you still happy with the sunseekers boards? I have about 5 intellibrites that need replacement...and seriously considering sunseekers instead of pentair due to cost and lack of pentair reliability. I read in another website that the sunseekers lights were not as bright. Is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.