Florida stucco gem finishes -3days after application- Dark Areas

Lalasala24

Jan 20, 2019
FL
I just had pool resurfaced w French Silver Florida stucco gem finishes. From day 1 I had these dark areas on tanning shelf . It's day 3 and they have not blended in to the rest of the color of shelf . My question is: is this normal ??

Attachments

• 20190120_174818.jpg
    20190120_174818.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • 20190120_174823.jpg
    20190120_174823.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20190120_174930.jpg
    20190120_174930.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Have you notified your PB/plaster contractor?

What is the chemistry of your pool water? What startup program are you following?

Welcome to TFP.

Have you notified your PB/plaster contractor?

What is the chemistry of your pool water? What startup program are you following?

Hi
Yes I have notified him . I am using the NPC startup as advised by Florida stucco gem finish manufacturer. No chlorine until 3rd day .
Been brushing twice daily after pool filling day.
Added magic sequestering agent and adjusted ph on day after pool fill day . Been running pump around the clock as instructed .

Hi
Yes I have notified him . I am using the NPC startup as advised by Florida stucco gem finish manufacturer. No chlorine until 3rd day .
Been brushing twice daily after pool filling day.
Added magic sequestering agent and adjusted ph on day after pool fill day . Been running pump around the clock as instructed .

AJW22,
WHAT is normal in the industry by contractors? Do they normally adjust chemicals the first week or couple days on startup ?

There is no normal startup by pool contractors. Some fill it with water and turn it over to you. Some take care of it for the first few days or 30 days.

It is better you understand all the chemicals added to your water from the fill. Sometimes a pool is turned over to the customer and unknown chemicals are in the water that cause problems.

Calculate your CSI using PoolMath. It is necessary, to achieve a smooth and dense surface, to have about a +0.5 CSI during the first 30 days. That may mean leaving your pH in the higher 7s.

At ths point all you can do is let the plaster cure, monitor the situation, and keep your contractor informed.

Have you seen this before on day 3 ? It seems like the darker area is actually more like the finish color chip we picked. Is it possible that the bubblers leaked water (which they have done because they weren't plugged ) and this "sloughed" off some of the plaster at a quicker pace when still wet on fill day ? Hoping the rest of the area will match with the 2x day brushing.

Hard to say what is going on. Plastering pools is as much an art as a science.

@onBalance is the resident plaster expert here. Maybe he will checkin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.