Florida resurface

Frisbeeaddict

Nov 6, 2021
Florida
Our pool was built in 1994, believe it is marcite with colored quartz. We have very rough areas where plaster is worn away leaving sharp aggregate. Planning to diy resurface and hoping to get some tips from those experienced with this.

Looks like we can mix white Portland 1:1 with quartz sand and hydrate with latex admix and just roll it on and pull/finish it with a squeegee? Or would it be superior to use diamond brite etc than this mixture and then sand down the diamond brite with water polisher? Can we hydrate diamond brite with latex admix and assume this will give better adhesion? Is Florida gem coat a better product than diamond brite etc if go that route? Thank you!

I can't help with DIY replaster. But I do agree with Kim and I have the card of the company that did my demo if you need it. Unsure where in FL you are, but I think they service a pretty large area.

I can't help with DIY replaster. But I do agree with Kim and I have the card of the company that did my demo if you need it. Unsure where in FL you are, but I think they service a pretty large area.
Hi can you recommend who did yours?? I’ve had a couple companies here in Cape Coral quote me but none seem to be chipping old out unless it’s soft. Did same company plaster over?? Cost 💲

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.