Florida owner builder pool pre-approved plans?

Blargo

Jul 1, 2020
Tampa
So, it seems like there are many other diy’ers around here. I priced out building a pool in Tampa with a pool builder, then I called all the subs and got quotes and the amount the builders make is crazy. So, I talked to the permit office and the biggest obstacle I have is having a site plan and a design. She said that most pool companies just have this stuff already pre-approved and they just make the same ones over and over. Is there any resource for these plans? My wife just wants the most simple thing imaginable, though she has expressed the design for a concrete pool rather than fiber glass. Even that is probably negotiable. Anyone have any plans and prints that meet Florida Building code for a simple rectangular pool with no frills? I realize I’d have to alter them a little to show the proper easements and property lines on my house. Any other advice would be great. I’ve been reading as much as I can on here and have already picked up some good pointers.

So, it seems like there are many other diy’ers around here. I priced out building a pool in Tampa with a pool builder, then I called all the subs and got quotes and the amount the builders make is crazy. So, I talked to the permit office and the biggest obstacle I have is having a site plan and a design. She said that most pool companies just have this stuff already pre-approved and they just make the same ones over and over. Is there any resource for these plans? My wife just wants the most simple thing imaginable, though she has expressed the design for a concrete pool rather than fiber glass. Even that is probably negotiable. Anyone have any plans and prints that meet Florida Building code for a simple rectangular pool with no frills? I realize I’d have to alter them a little to show the proper easements and property lines on my house. Any other advice would be great. I’ve been reading as much as I can on here and have already picked up some good pointers.
If you know what kind of pool you want, all you need is a 2d sketch of the perimeter and a depth profile. You can draw it by hand or if you have a friend who has a 2d CAD program you can use to sketch it up. Then you send that to an engineer and they will do the calculations you need and stamp the drawing to submit for a permit. What they provide is to FBC. Usually the engineer can offer a site plan for you as an added service if you don't have a cad software available. Search for aquatic engineering and you will find a firm near you.

I understand, I just finished building my house, so I know how many problems wait for people to plan and develop their new home. In general, I want to say that if you choose a project for permanent residence, then try to predict the future and imagine how your family will look like in 15 years. Think, will your parents lie with you, how many children you will have and whether they will live together with you. Try to find a layout that works for your family. Also, from my experience, I want to say that the first floor is recommended to have a kitchen, living room and utility room. And on the second floor are bedrooms, children's study and so on. The layout of my house I found on this site boutiquehomeplans.com. I like the plans for these houses. I'm sure if you're looking for a plan for your home, you'll find something for yourself.

If you know what kind of pool you want, all you need is a 2d sketch of the perimeter and a depth profile. You can draw it by hand or if you have a friend who has a 2d CAD program you can use to sketch it up. Then you send that to an engineer and they will do the calculations you need and stamp the drawing to submit for a permit. What they provide is to FBC. Usually the engineer can offer a site plan for you as an added service if you don't have a cad software available. Search for aquatic engineering and you will find a firm near you.
Is an engineer stamp required? If so, your going to have to go to one anyway. There's no way to DIY that unless you're a PE. (Professional engineer. That's what makes their "stamp" professionally and legally binding.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.