Florida Build started 11/24/2020 - lots of pics

Electric is done! Waiting to hear back about the interior finish, hopefully it starts tomorrow, and the final grade and yard clean up. Getting so close to being done!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f5a.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f5b.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f59.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Casey
It's finally full! It took 44hrs and 13 minutes. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fad.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fac.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2faf.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fae.jpg

Startup to tomorrow as well as the final grade and cleanup. Also should be getting our irrigation fixed as long as the final grade and clean up happens. Then next weekend is sod. We are so close to being done!

Gorgeous! Not sure where Rockledge is, but must Be far from me if you have blue skies!

Just looked - I can be there in 2 hours! What time is the party? :party:🎉:party:
Yep I'm in Tampa too, looking out at this crummy weather while my concrete hole fills with a completely different type of water than I thought would be in there by now... so I'll pick you up in 15 minutes and carpool to @Yargnits67 house for some sunshine, sound good? I've met a lot of people on this site within a couple hours of most of these builds - I think we should start a new trend: After your pool is done, anyone from TFP who passes a background check is invited over for the reveal party :cheers:

Alas, tomorrow is Monday which means another day of work for me and another day my pool company probably WONT work hahaha

You pool looks amazing. I appreciate all of the pictures too! I never get board of looking at everyone's build

Yep I'm in Tampa too, looking out at this crummy weather while my concrete hole fills with a completely different type of water than I thought would be in there by now... so I'll pick you up in 15 minutes and carpool to @Yargnits67 house for some sunshine, sound good? I've met a lot of people on this site within a couple hours of most of these builds - I think we should start a new trend: After your pool is done, anyone from TFP who passes a background check is invited over for the reveal party :cheers:

Alas, tomorrow is Monday which means another day of work for me and another day my pool company probably WONT work hahaha
My water level is almost to top of skimmer, which means I have picked up a good two inches of rain since last night!

At least I was able to get in yesterday, before the weather turned. The bad news is I have no excuse to put off the work that I should be doing right now in preparation for tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone! It's exciting but the crappy weather caught up to us here. All afternoon it stormed. It is supposed to go through to tomorrow afternoon so I'm not sure if we will get to do startup and final grade or not.

Thanks @B.lu. I know when I was researching I loved seeing posts with lots of pics so I wanted to make sure I returned the favor to others.

I'm not sure when the "party" will be. We already jumped in, even though it was cold. It was fun and the kids loved it!

I probably shouldn’t say this, but it looks like we’re out of it. You may have a good day tomorrow- fingers crossed!

We needed the rain so I'm happy for it. I'm not sure what happened but the final grade was great in the back and side yard but for some reason the company left a huge pile of dirt in my front yard. The builder never came out to do the start up either. So I'm not sure what is going on but my pool has been full since Sunday and we still have no startup on the pool. The builder is supposed to be dropping off my brush and other items too. I'm starting to get stressed and worried about the pool. I don't want any kind of algae or anything else to go wrong. Not only that but we ordered the sod and it's going to be delivered and installed Saturday so that pile of dirt has got to be moved.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fc4.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fbf.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fc2.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fc5.jpg

Reactions: Slapulator
Congrats on getting the water filled on your pool build, and now it's time to brush away on the plaster. Also I see your pool builder, and I'm sure they will be around soon enough to collect on that final check. Regarding the water have you tested it yet?

Reactions: kellyfair
@RDFBocephus Thanks! It took forever, a lot longer than expected. I thought the pool was around 15,000 gal but apparently it's more than that. Oh well. I'm excited about the water bill. :sick: I haven't tested the water yet. I'll be doing that today. They are also scheduled to do that startup today so that is exciting. It'll be ready for use this weekend. Oh, and yes, the final check was already sent. I wasn't expecting the grader to leave a mess in my yard. Oh well. I think the builder will do right by us, he has so far and has a great reputation in the area.

@Newdude I know right! The kids are upset the dirt pile can't stay there. lol. The inner kid in me agrees though.

@kellyfair 1967 Stingray is the greatest car ever made!! Forever ago when I tried to create my first email address 67stringray and all combinations were taken so I spelled it backwards. The only problem is it sucks trying to pass that email address out to folks on the phone. lol

Oh well. I'm excited about the water bill. :sick:
A one time charge. Collateral damage if you will. You’ll have friends over and try complaining to them and they will shut you right up with. ‘LOOK AT YOUR POOL !!!! ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!’ You’ll try to tell them the hiccups and roadblocks and they will shut you right up again with ‘are you crazy ???? I’d KILL for THIS at my house’.

A few times later you’ll stop trying altogether. Ask me how I know. 😁

@Newdude I know what you mean. I was complaining about something to my workout buddy and he mentioned it's still nicer than my pool. Because he doesn't have a pool. It'll be great, just need to get it started up and working.

The pool company came by yesterday and got the pump running but "forgot" the chemicals for the pool so he has to come back tomorrow. He also installed a Pool Guard alarm and drilled a hole in the deck for it. That stupid alarm goes off every 5-10 minutes. It's not practical at all and it worthless. I already talked to the deck guy about patching the hole before he does the final coat of paint. I'll install the window/door alarms and save my deck and patience. He was supposed to be out at 10am today to put the chemicals or whatever in the pool as well as show us how to use things but he hasn't shown up yet.

I also have no answer on the giant pile of dirt in my front yard and the sod that was ordered will be here Saturday with the installers. So I'm pretty angry with the pool company right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.