Floating, insulated under-cover needed for the winter!

We are planning on keeping our small outdoor pool open until Jan 1in Cleveland.

We purchased is a Thermaltech ULTRA insulated cover from a company called Prairie Tubs. The cover seems well made and if fairly heavy, but not so heavy that it's difficult to take off. We just fold it up like a blanket. Cost was $430 for our 21x11 kidney shaped pool. You could probably use this over the entire surface of the water, both inside and out.

Here's a link to their website.

We're using the cover now and the temps have dipped into the mid-30s at night. We're only losing 4-5 degrees in the evening in those temps, which is easily recouped after running the heater for 3-4 hours. We're supposed to get temps in the 20s this week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will continue to run well.

Thanks, magicman. We already have a retracting cover, so I don't think the thermaltech Ultra will add enough insulation for year-round use (plus the cover would then no longer be functionally able to retract). With this cover we are only losing 3-4 degrees (degF) at night as well right now, but I'd prefer less!

I think we're going to end up with something like:

Which are heavy but should provide R28 or greater insulation. I haven't finishing working out the details yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.