LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
A few years ago Photobucket blocked just about all photos hosted on its website and really caused a headache for several users on TFP. They’ve since kinda reversed this decision but still there’s some mess that’s been left behind. Today as I was scrolling some news I see that Flickr is also going to make some large changes to its service after it was bought out by a new company,
Users on the free tier that exceed their limits will be unable to upload new content after the January 8 cutover, and will have until February 5 to download their content or upgrade before Flickr begins automatically deleting old content until accounts fit within the new bounds.

While this likely will only hurt a small portion of TFP it still kinda stinks. I personally fully expect more photo hosting companies will follow suit in the future as well. As I said before I encourage any user who values their pool related photos to upload them to TFP and avoid the headaches of third party websites. I FULLY agree uploading photos to TFP right now is kinda a pain but it is an issue that’s being addressed behind the scenes. Lastly if you’re a Flickr user and are worried about your content being deleted from TFP please PM me as I maybe able to pull some magic and save your photos.

Thanks Lee for the update. I have tons of photos, so I took it in the shorts when PB made that change. But now that my images are all on TFP, it's easy and convenient. If possible though, I would like to see a return of the ability to create sub-folders in our personal photo gallery though. :wink: Ha ha, hee hee, ho ho.

I always suggest google photos. It has unlimited, free storage, and unrestricted hot linking. All you need is a google account, also free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.