Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
See my build thread here. New Construction - Chicago, city proper

We bought a Latham fiberglass pool and added eight spa jets. This is the plumbing that came for the spa jets.

All of the other PVC my pool builder is using is rigid.

Am I looking at flexible PVC? The stuff I’m reading should not be put under ground?

I read through some of the threads on this stuff. I’m wondering if I should bring it up to my PB and have them change the plumbing? If it does leak, will the leak only happen when the spa jets are on?

Any other thoughts?

Attachments

• C39B62E4-164D-4B61-B6DF-9BEB5C5A7DB3.jpeg
    C39B62E4-164D-4B61-B6DF-9BEB5C5A7DB3.jpeg
    643.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Who installed the flexible jet plumbing, the manufacturer or the builder? If it's the former, one would hope they know what they are doing. If the latter ................................................ ?

Given that the pool is installed, plumbed, and back-filled, it's a bit late now, isn't it?

For what it’s worth, I’m currently installing an 8’x10’ fiberglass spa made by Viking (Latham) with 9 jets that are plumbed identical; looks just like yours. Jets pre-installed by the manufacturer.

View attachment 140211
Makes me feel a little better...
Also, god forbid a leak does occur (which seems unlikely), it will be with the spa jets, not with a return or drain, etc.

Flex PVC has its uses as long as it is good quality schedule 40 flex PVC. Around spas is one of them. For long buried runs rigid PVC has more puncture resistance and can be longer lasting.

I think your setup is fine and they didn’t skimp on primer.

Reactions: markayash
To follow up on this thread, we also just had a Latham FB shell delivered from the factory, and it came with Schedule 40 Flex from the factory on the returns, as well as the main drains on the deep end side. If Latham is sending the pools out like that, I am inclined to trust they have it right. Their installation instructions say to use Schedule 40, but it does not specifically say flex or rigid.

To follow up on this thread, we also just had a Latham FB shell delivered from the factory, and it came with Schedule 40 Flex from the factory on the returns, as well as the main drains on the deep end side. If Latham is sending the pools out like that, I am inclined to trust they have it right. Their installation instructions say to use Schedule 40, but it does not specifically say flex or rigid.
That’s my take on it as well...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.