Fizzy bubbles all over liner

Sparker

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
Indiana
I'm wrapping up my pool build. The liner was installed on the 9th, and I started filling that day. It's been full since Fiday. The returns have not been cut out yet, and obviously it has no chemicals. The skimmer has been cut out though.

I've been noticing ( at night with light on) my whole liner has fizzy looking bubbles attached to it. Like carbonated bubbles. Is that the start of algae?? I don't know if it's anything to worry about or not.

I would think more likely the bubbles are just the air coming out of the fill water similar to what you see in a glass of water out of a tap.

You can add chemicals now even without the circulation system working I would suggest bleach at the very least, just use a brush to mix it as well as you can. If you are going to be using granular CYA put it in an old sock and suspend it out in the water a few inches, as a general rule you shouldn't "directly" add any granular chemicals to the pool unless they are quick dissolving.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.