Fitting for PoolSkim install on Intex

RoyalGorgeColorado

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2020
Cañon City, CO
Has anyone with an Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool with a Sand filter installed a PoolSkim. The PoolSkim is not compatible with Intex fittings but I read a thread that mentions there are Intex owners among us that have done plumbing modifications. I have not been able to find any of these threads with the details. I have one return and it has the Inlet threaded air connector with jet valve. Adjustable pool Inlet Nozzle.PNGInlet threaded Air Connector.PNGExploded view.PNG

I have not done the pool skim but I have normal above ground fittings in my intex and have the intex shut off valves on the standard fittings. I just used another gasket or made another one ITEM #23 on your picture above. The intex part will thread on to normal fittings with another gasket. I don't remember if it was an intex gasket or if I just cut it out of rubber to get the thickness.
All three of my fittings are standard fittings. Hayward SP1023

IMG_20180523_181903554.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
I did the mods on mine. I bought gasket material and made my own, used flexible PVC instead of hoses, and used the gray nut off of old Intex hoses to connect my flex PVC hoses to my pump, etc.

Take a look:

CFA02095-1A54-4BD2-B8BC-21CB29C6048E.jpeg

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.