FC 12.5
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 110
CH 550
CYA 50
Salt 3600
65 degree water

PB said "oops" when he saw the chlorine reading and said the guy he sent by must have added too much... I know thats high, the SWCG is turned to 0 waiting for it to lower. I am putting in 50oz of acid per pool math....where do I go from here?

Last edited:
Numbers aren't bad, although I question the CH. Are you using a speedstir? Is your local water hard, or did the pool guy dump a bunch of Cal-Hypo in there? In any case, the FC isn't crazy high since your CYA is at 50. It will fall slowly with chilly water, but it will fall. Congrats on the new pool. :swim:

CH of fill water is 100....im not using a speed stir yet, need to order one
Gotcha. Results with the speedstir may impact that result. Of course when a pool is competed, the builder has people dump stuff in without much effort as to accuracy. Some use Cal-Hypo, but in any case you have a great test kit and can watch it now. Continue to use the PoolMath tool (or APP) and you'll be in good shape.

I have been working on lowering the PH fro a couple of days...it seems to be eating Muratic Acid....I know the bubblers and waterfall will increase ph...but it seems like I remember something about It leveling out over time...am I crazy?

but it seems like I remember something about It leveling out over time...am I crazy?
No more than the rest of us. :crazy: But yes, it will settle. It may take a few applications of acid which will also lower the TA as well. As the TA lowers more, the pH increase should slow down too.

Jake,

Took a couple years for my pH to slowly settle down. Then after switching to salt and adding borates my MA use has declined dramatically. Started at near 2 gallons a month, now less than half a gallon. But with borates the pH runs on the high side of the normal recommended range.

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.