Temp? (Forgot to get)
Ph 7.5
FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
CH 400
TA 120
CYA 50
Ok so just to be sure, I did OCLT test again. The numbers are all the same so I’m not going to SLAM. And I did not see dead algae on the bottom. I can see I want my FC up to 8 so putting those numbers in pool math it calls for 14 oz dichlor which I’m assuming is my chlorbrite sanitizer in 1 lb bags so I’m gonna just add 1 bag. I do have one question on CYA test, drop until you see no black dot at all or until barely see it?

Congrats!!!

CYA. Bright sun at your back. Hold at your waist. GLANCE AT IT. If not discernable, that is your value.

You really should use Liquid Chlorine. Dichlor continues to add CYA.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryandkysmom
Dichlor adds CYA, actually. It's Cal Hypo that adds calcium. But the point is correct - liquid chlorine is the way to go unless you want to add CYA too. At 50 you probably want to leave it alone, so liquid chlorine is best.

Reactions: ryandkysmom
Dichlor adds CYA, actually. It's Cal Hypo that adds calcium. But the point is correct - liquid chlorine is the way to go unless you want to add CYA too. At 50 you probably want to leave it alone, so liquid chlorine is best.
Yeah it was too early. Corrected.

Ok so after getting fine filter for my robot, following FC & CYA the dead algae has been gone. But yesterday I had to backwash. Now today I have dead algae again. Is it because of backwash? Is it because I haven’t run my robot today? I think I do it everyday but I miss a day here and there. I’ve been logging on pool math.
I’d like to properly clean out filter but I don’t know for sure how to stop the flow of water to pool so all that filter stuff isn’t going back in pool. Are there caps for inlets? If I cap those and the other one in my skimmer is that enough?

OK - when you were deep cleaning did you cover the standpipe? Afterward did you set the valve on the top to "rinse" and run that a little bit? If not, some of the gunk may have gotten into the pipes and then into the pool. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.