First timer with a new pool on the way.

Coveys

May 6, 2019
Central FL
Hello everyone,

Been reading this site for about the past 3 years and decided to sign up for an account and buy a pool this week. We live on a 1/2 acre lot in Central FL and decided on a 24' round Doughboy Autumn Breeze resin pool. We are burying it 24" and I already have pulled all of the permits and will be doing the electrical myself, as I'm a licensed electrician. We upgraded to the e-z clip liner and the Doughboy Powerline XP-IV Variable Speed Pump. The pool is being shipped directly to our house in about a week and I already have a date with an installer and a site guy to complete the work. Any suggestions for me other than posting our levels upon install?

Looking forward to many years with our new doughboy, my wife, two kids, and our black lab :)

Attachments

• DB.Autumn-Breeze.14.lr_.pdf
    492.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: splashpad
Hello everyone,

Been reading this site for about the past 3 years and decided to sign up for an account and buy a pool this week. We live on a 1/2 acre lot in Central FL and decided on a 24' round Doughboy Autumn Breeze resin pool. We are burying it 24" and I already have pulled all of the permits and will be doing the electrical myself, as I'm a licensed electrician. We upgraded to the e-z clip liner and the Doughboy Powerline XP-IV Variable Speed Pump. The pool is being shipped directly to our house in about a week and I already have a date with an installer and a site guy to complete the work. Any suggestions for me other than posting our levels upon install?

Looking forward to many years with our new doughboy, my wife, two kids, and our black lab :)
How exciting! Welcome to the TFP ownership side! ;)

Do you have your test kit on the way (or in hand)?
:testkit:

Reactions: Coveys
Congrats. From all my reading and research last spring, I hear that Doughboy is a good, solid brand. I almost went that direction myself before my wife and I settled on a Swim'n Play pool instead. Make a build thread so we can all follow along. Oh, and lest we forget... multiple pictures are a must. LOL

Congrats. From all my reading and research last spring, I hear that Doughboy is a good, solid brand. I almost went that direction myself before my wife and I settled on a Swim'n Play pool instead. Make a build thread so we can all follow along. Oh, and lest we forget... multiple pictures are a must. LOL

I know my parents had a Doughboy that lasted my entire life until they moved. We also had some friends who have had a 24-foot round doughboy since the late 70s and still use it. I will make a build thread once we start the work! Haven't heard of Swim N Play I'd be interested to know the pluses and minuses of both. Enjoy your day!

Ordering my kit next week. Site contractor will be here on 6/3 to dig the 26 foot hole. I have one of my workers here today doing the electrical (I’m a contractor). Pool installer will be here on 6/5 to build and setup equipment. Have a fiberglass AC pad on the way to mount my equipment on. Have found a carpenter to build our deck after waiting about a month for the pool to settle. Will update with photos later today.