First time using the K-2006 and need a little help.

Sounds like you may have overshot a little. Round up to the nearest 10 for CYA tests as the scale isn't linear - so you consider your pool to have 60 CYA. No more pucks or tri-clor / di-clor, as you mentioned. You mentioned before you put in solid granule CYA, and then you also added liquid as if you were at 0? If so, that could be the reason it was overshot.

Not sure if you did the overnight test yet - did that pass?

Reactions: debmar
IceShadow, your right, I did overshoot. I thought the granular wasn't doing a thing because my husband said it was like in the shed for 2 seasons!!! I do need to add some water, should I do this first and maybe it will bring down the CYA a little?

It could a little, but if you didn't lose any chlorine overnight, then you can just dose up to the chart for 60ppm CYA. CYA is a little high but that just means keeping more chlorine in the pool. It'll fall over time as you get splashout/backwash/etc. and have to refill with clear water.

It could a little, but if you didn't lose any chlorine overnight, then you can just dose up to the chart for 60ppm CYA. CYA is a little high but that just means keeping more chlorine in the pool. It'll fall over time as you get splashout/backwash/etc. and have to refill with clear water.
I didn't do the overnight yet, was planning on that tonight. So I will add chlorine now to bring it up to match a CYA of 60. And yes, I noticed on pool math app I have to add 2 qts and 7 ounces, yikes LOL

About half a gallon. I'm adding that about every other day now. The good news about a high CYA is that you won't lose as much to the sun. :)

Yesterday my FC 4.0 and today FC 4.5 , CC still 0.0 which I'm happy about. I was shooting for max target of FC 8.0 for a CYA of 50. So now I'm wondering did my FC actually go up to 8.0 after adding the amount of bleach per PoolMath? I will add the bleach again now per PoolMath and maybe check the FC level in a couple hours? Just finding it hard to believe, I could go from 8.0 (if it did indeed go to that level) down to 4.0 FC. Here is my test from yesterday.Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 12.08.33 PM.png Today I tested FC 4.5 CC 0.0 and retested the CYA 50... didn't record yet, phone was dead lol.

FC is consumed each day. You are adding back ~4 ppm FC worth each day. That is a normal FC loss this time of year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.