South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So, I peeled back the corner of our cover over the deep end and took a sample at about 3’ depth (about mid-depth) using my 3/4” PVC “straw”.

Keep in mind, all we did was initial fill in November (water was trucked in) and PB added a few scoops of this and that (I didn’t know enough to ask back then) a few chlorine pucks in the skimmer and then closed the pool.

Here’s the results I got today. This is my first shot at testing, ever. I plan on opening the pool myself on Saturday (thunderstorms slated for today). Should be fun. Anyway:

Salt: 200ppm (turned reddish brown almost immediately, 1 drop, we never added salt before)
FC: 6-7 ppm (looked a little light colored at 12 drops, 2 more was distinct color)
CC: 0
CH: 100 ppm (4 drops)
TA: 40 (4 drops)
CL: > 5 (looks like a broke a highlighter in the comparator tube)
pH: 7.2 - 7.5 (looked somewhere between those 2, if I had to pick one, I’d pick 7.5)
CYA: 0 ppm (or at least <30 as I never saw the black dot disappear)

I have salt (16 bags), 10% LC (less than 2 months old), stabilizer, CH increaser, and muriatic acid on hand.

Right now the pool is covered up again. If I wanted to be proactive after getting the equipment running and loading up my quad DE filter on Saturday, what should I be targeting first? I assume the FC will come down quite a bit once the water actually sees daylight.

It's somewhat reassuring that you still show some FC in the water, but I wouldn't take any actions at this time until you get the water moving again. Once the system is operational and running to mix the water for at least 30 minutes, then take a fresh water sample and adjust from there. We'll be glad to help you with any testing as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.