Gecrabill

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2014
Osprey, Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
On friday i noticed a larger than usual chlorine drop. I decided to try the ofclt. Saturday morning I comeup with slightly over 1 ppm loss. By the way, pool water is crystal clear, no cloudiness when brushing. So I bring my fc level to 30 ppm. My cya is 65, I know a little overkill on fc. I maintain that level throughout the day and when the sun goes down, i bring the level up farther. 2 hours later I test to start the ofclt. This morning I test and get a loss of 12 ppm. How is it using more overnight now than before I slammed? I have the tf-100 test kit that I am using. Just trying to figure out what I have going on. Also, in 24 hours thr filter pressure has only increased 1 psi or less than 8%, which isnt any more than usual. I thought it would go up more since killing the organics?

well, the easy "fall back" answer is a testing error. You are correct that the results do not make sense so I would chalk it up to that and proceed.

Your SWG is shut-off during the OCLT....correct?

I had swg turned on during the day, turned it off 2 hours before the first step in ofclt. I did have a large frog in the skimmer. I guess what I am looking at, should I continue to slam and retry tonight or assume since my original fc loss test was so small that last nights was an error? The problem is, I am low on r-0871 reagent and no local pool store has it. So I will have to slam until Wednesday, due to shipping time. I know the true answer will be that I should continue to slam until I can retest the fc overnight loss. But are there any other indicators or tests I can do to refrain from slamming more than needed?

Also will mention. Never had CC on any of the tests. Water temp ranges from 88 at night to 91 during the day. New pool in March. I took over balancing in April and chlorine has never been below 4 ppm on tests, even on the first ofcl

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.