First Time Seeing This Strange Thing In My Pool

timlab

Jul 11, 2015
Aiken SC
I've read up on all I can about strange things in a pool. Algae, has fingers that come from the center of it self, and this doesn't. What I see is about 5 to 10 of these things together and when I go to vac my pool they sometimes break apart into this picture. Can anyone tell me what this strange thing is in my pool?

Attachments

• Strange.jpg
    Strange.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 124
I agree with Skippy, some sort of seed pod or something. Almost looks like a cedar apple but they are not usually that symmetrical. Can you cut one open?

I actually got the results back from University of South Carolina. And the winner is CavVet. I'm not sure which caterpillar it is, but my pool is under a oak tree. The only thing I can do is vau my pool out, and shock it high. And then get the tree down. These pools seem like they are costly.

I actually got the results back from University of South Carolina. And the winner is CavVet. I'm not sure which caterpillar it is, but my pool is under a oak tree. The only thing I can do is vau my pool out, and shock it high. And then get the tree down. These pools seem like they are costly.

Pools? Costly? Nah!! ;)

Don't cut down an oak tree!! What about a barrier between tree and water. Like a shade sail? Way cheaper than removing a tree.

https://shadesails.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.