First time pool owner

Cathielliott

May 15, 2021
Boise Idaho
My name is Cathi and I welcomed the Bestway Power Steel Frame 31’ x 16’ x 52” pool to my home this weekend. It is currently filling with water from the well! I am from Idaho and have 2 amazing kids and an awesome hubby to play in the water with! I’m a little nervous about keeping pool chemicals balanced, but so excited! We plan to use chlorine with our flow clear auto chemical feeder and we have a sand filter.

Cathi​

That's a big above ground pool! I guess about 16,500 gallons?? A pool that size is an investment in water, chemicals, pool itself and should be protected in the best way possible. You need a reliable test kit. We only endorse two on the market-
1) The Taylor K-2006C which can be ordered online (must be the 2006C version to compare with other option) or the
2) TF-100 from tftestkits.net This one is by far a favorite, and its cheaper than the above.

You also will find having a Speed Stirrer type device *very* handy as it makes it easier to let it twirl the test tubes while you add drops of reagent.

Holler if you have any questions on testing-

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.