First Time Pool Owner

Gotcha. Always have to consider what's practical and possible. Depending on your electric rates, VS pumps may or may not pay for themselves over time. 2-speed pumps are a decent alternative that increase the cost by less and make the cost increase more viable to cover over the life of the pump.

Also long as you can brush and keep chlorinated, you can maintain a clear pool for quite a while without a pump. A robot would be handy for this purpose but in the meantime, consider the extra brushing a work out program. :D

Gotcha. Always have to consider what's practical and possible. Depending on your electric rates, VS pumps may or may not pay for themselves over time. 2-speed pumps are a decent alternative that increase the cost by less and make the cost increase more viable to cover over the life of the pump.

Also long as you can brush and keep chlorinated, you can maintain a clear pool for quite a while without a pump. A robot would be handy for this purpose but in the meantime, consider the extra brushing a work out program. :D

2 people. Electric bill is $350-400 on time of use for a 4 bedroom house 1800 sq ft. Pretty miserable haha. Hopefully it'll provide decent savings.

I just laid 1000 sq ft of tile. Just when I thought I'd be able to relax a bit and enjoy the pool :|.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the follow up! Happy cleaning! At least you know what to do!

Kim:kim:

Anytime. Thank you all for the help. What would I do without the TFP family.

It's not algae Kim, it's just coverings from a dust storm. To say the least. Got the pump up and running in the nick of time.

543fc270d2fdacb7c2c568479aeb6547.jpg

Ahhhhh did you know you could use a t-shirt in the basket? Just make sure it is not so big the water cannot move through it though. You can also wash your skimmer socks with your clothes as well. Oh and even pillow batting/fluff can work as a pre-filter as well.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.