First time Pool Owner Question

This is the results I got from my pool store this morning.

4ezaty9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are about to lose people here ..... you have been given great advice and you are not following it. You need to choose the pool store or the pool gurus here and follow their advice. The success stories here are numerous with very few if any nightmare stories. The pool store advice leads to the exact opposite.

These recent results just show how inaccurate the tests are. Your CYA level is 70 . ... it was 40 before. Their statement that the numbers look good is furthur proof of the problem with the pool store advice.

If your water isn't clear you need to SLAM the pool and that means keeping your chlorine at the recommended level the whole time. But without accurate numbers you don't know what that level is.

Renting a house with a pool will involve some expense due to the pool and in the long run you will be better off financially even including the cost of the kit.

Did you talk to the landlord?? I know back when i had rental properties i would have supplied the kit for a tenant with good intentions.

I don't mean to sound harsh .... it's just reality rearing its' ugly head!

Many members of the forum are concerned that you might still have a problem because you haven't completed the SLAM process. Adding stabilizer without completing the SLAM process wasn't the best course of action. As a result, you will now need to add about twice as much chlorine to reach shock level.

Based on the pool store's test result, your CYA could be 70. Your minimum shock level could be 20 ppm FC and mustard shock could be 39 ppm FC.

If you're going to trust the pool store's results you should go buy several 121oz jugs of 8.25% bleach. You will need 4 just to reach 20 ppm FC to even START the SLAM process. Unfortunately without a proper test kit that's all you can do is guess and hope you've hit it with enough. You have to know when *EVERYTHING* is dead. Without being able to continuously monitor the FC level and keep it above the minimum level, it's all guesswork.

If I were you, I would tell your landlord that for $68 you can save them hundreds of dollars just this swimming season alone. You'll get a great kit and gain knowledge and understanding of swimming pool chemistry that you'll have for a lifetime.

I think my wife may be cutting. Her hair tomorrow night. I'll try to talk to her a little and see if she would get me one. From talking to them though they're not likely to buy a 68$ test they'd buy the 20$ test or they'll want to go to pinch a penny and get one then I would end up with one that won't do me any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.