First time Pool Owner - No FC results

Have you figured out how PoolMath can help you determine how much MA to use? - I think so. Given an approximate 25k gallons and 110 TA, I am seeing 76oz is required. Am I on the right track? Being on the safe side, I put in about 40 oz of MA now. Will add more depending on tomorrow's results.

The gallon of bleach is added too. Running the pump tonight for a while. Looking forward to tomorrow's numbers.

Are those real tiles, with grout between them on the top edge of your pool? I can't tell by the picture. -- Yes they are.

BTW, what kind of beaker/flask do you all use for MA measurement?

I guesstimated your pool at 24,000 gallons. (20x40x4'deep?) So for future reference in a 24K gallon pool- 35 ounces of 8.25% bleach will raise your FC by 1ppm.

That's just handy to know when you want to add bleach quickly and PoolMath isn't handy.

I would put an entire gallon in daily until we have that CYA figured out.

As for pH- PoolMath says 43 ounces of liquid MA but dry acid calls for 57ounces. We prefer you to NOT use dry acid and stick with MA.

Also, if that's real tile and cement you can take the "vinyl?" out of your signature line so its not confusing. And use the plaster levels on the reference guide:
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Nice big yard ya got there :)

Yippee :flower:

Ran some tests today after adding bleach on monday and tuesday. Yesterday was really cold to run any test and today is just getting warmer.
FC 8 ppm
CC 0
PH 7.6 and I added 4 drops of R005 to bring down ph to 7.2
TA 100ppm
CH 210ppm
CYA - I tried with half tap water and half pool water. The dot disappeared just at the 100 level. Is there a strong correlation between the water temperature (~40F) and CYA results? I am hoping so.

Shall I add a little more muriatic acid and continue with gallon bleach for the temps get higher for better CYA results?
Regards

Your pH is fine, don't worry about adding acid until you get above 7.8

Bring the water inside and let it warm up to room temp to do the CYA test. It isn't accurate with cold water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.