First Time Pool Owner - Been using Leslies AccuBlue at Home - Looking to convert

ed65jag

Sep 13, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all, my name is Nathan, and I recently purchased a home in Kansas City with a large in-ground pool. The pool as an infinity edge, and a separate spa. For now, I am focused on learning the ins and outs of the pool, the spa will be an adventure for next spring.

The pool is roughly 25k gallons, has IC40 SWG, Sand Filter, and 3 old single speed pumps (main pump, infinity edge basin pump, and spa pump) that I hope will die soon so I can replace them with the home warranty that I brought with the purchase of the house.

I have been using the Leslies AccuBlue at home system for testing my water weekly, and taking their chemical recommendations. I discovered TFP as I was searching for better alternatives for muriatic acid since I was using about 4-5lbs of dry acid from Leslies every week. I found the 31% blend at Home Depot thanks to the TFP group, so I decided to give the forum a go. I downloaded PoolMath, and I have been comparing the PoolMath recommendations in comparison to the Leslies recommendations. Thus far they are fairly similar, but I am only 2 tests in. Looking forward to learning how to use the Taylor testing kits, and dumping the Leslies AccuBlue test so I stop buying over-priced chemicals from Leslies.

Welcome to TFP.

Sounds like you have found stuff here but in case you missed some things here is a list of helpful links...