First time opening SWG pool

Did you ever put in the original amount of CYA to get to 30 PPM via the sock method. If not, one cup of CYA is not even 6ppm of CYA.

Let us know --

Take care.

I did the sock method. It was actually 2 cups, which is probably not enough. It is MUCH MUCH more than what is said behind the container though... I guess I should add more...

Pool math says 42 oz of stabilizer. I would need more than one sock for that much powder lol!

You can hang the sock in front of a return jet, just make sure it is not touching the side of the pool.

With zero or near zero CYA, your FC is burned off nearly instantaneously by sun light on the pool.

If you know how much CYA product you have added to your pool since you started this, that should be pretty close to what is in the pool, unless you have backwashed a large amount of water and had to refill feet of water.

Take care.

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of update! So 3 days after my last post, my water was back to crystal clear. Since then, it's been perfect. Only thing I am getting a hard time on, is with the CYA. I must have added a total of 2kg of stabilizer, and it is barely up to 50 right now. I must say I have always had a hard time with CYA... Basically did the sock trick and kept adding more when I saw the level was still low.

Anyways, for now, everything else is good.

Thanks to all the geniuses who helped me getting started. If you ever have suggestions for the CYA, it would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.