First Time Opening. Need Advice.

There is a vertical filter canister that is blocking my view of the plumbing coming out of the heater. Are you sure there is no shutoff valve on the heater output pipe behind that vertical canister? Can you post an overhead picture of that area and a shot facing the heater inlet/outlet?

Okay, we are getting somewhere. With flow out of your heater then its says your problem is in the green arrow return lines.

The problem is there is no easy way to get into those lines short of moving your heater so you can put a hose with water into the return pipe and seeing if you have flow out your returns. My bet is you will not. You have some blockage. Maybe the valves in those four lines into the ground are not properly opening when you turn the handle.

There is a point where you need to punt and bring in a professional and this may be it. All I can suggest is you really carefully examine the return valves and double check there are no plugs in your return lines.

It may take someone cutting the pipes open to check each line and then redoing the plumbing. PVC is cheap. It is just the labor time to figure out what is going on in those lines.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

While this wasnt the result I hoped for, I did learn a lot of valuable information :) I definitely appreciate the time and patience taken to help me!

I'll give a local professional a call and see when they can come out to tackle this further.

Let us know what the final fix is. We all learn from this stuff.

There is a vertical filter canister that is blocking my view of the plumbing coming out of the heater. Are you sure there is no shutoff valve on the heater output pipe behind that vertical canister? Can you post an overhead picture of that area and a shot facing the heater inlet/outlet?

I have a photo of the overhead but the forum limits the amount of pictures I can post, I can message it to you if you want.

An update on the pool.

Post update**
It wasn't working again, so our guy came back out. He found that both the pipes' threads connecting to the pump are warped and it is allowing air in.
Hes coming tomorrow to cut the pipe and replace it.

Our normal pool guy came out and fixed it. Unfortunately i wasnt home when he came, but other family was.
To stop the skimmers from draining he plunged one hole in each up (front one closest to the water), but I have to unplug it when I want to vacuum. We called him to confirm if that's what we're supposed to do, but he hasn't gotten back to us yet.
According to family, after he plug the drain he just turned it on and it worked. Said I "didnt do much other than basically taking the cover off." Seemed a bit angry for someone who only had to plug the skimmer drain and turn it on.

He took our winterize plugs with him as well... I didnt know he was arriving or I would have accommodated my errands around it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.