First time opening a pool

Cleaned the filter. Lots of algae stuck in there. Pressure now at about 14psi.

on to the next problem... this pool will be swimmable by next week...hopefully...
37C19581-6212-46E2-AB1A-0AB7FF1924A1.jpeg

Well, that didn’t last long. 3 hours later and pump pressure went up to 30 and returns dropped down to barely working. Maybe I got a frog stuck somewhere? Pool builder coming out tomorrow morning to help figure this out.

Well, that didn’t last long. 3 hours later and pump pressure went up to 30 and returns dropped down to barely working. Maybe I got a frog stuck somewhere? Pool builder coming out tomorrow morning to help figure this out.
It sounds normal if the water is cloudy. DE filters load up fast. But once the water is clean, they keep it really clean.

It sounds normal if the water is cloudy. DE filters load up fast. But once the water is clean, they keep it really clean.
That’s what my PB said as well. Just have to keep backwashing and refilling de.

filter was definitely dirty.

34FAF44E-171D-48E7-8A5E-0F3B1429E568.jpeg

Pool is looking much better now.

882A0F3F-A844-44FE-86B3-D241E1C50276.jpeg

58555E6F-5401-4394-899D-7C940B11EDE9.jpeg
I can finally see the bottom in the deep end. And wow that’s a lot of sand down there. Lightning McQueen is on it.

test results from this morning

fc 6
Ta 60
Cya 45
Ph 7.5
Ch 150
Salt 4400

awaiting new reagents before I try and adjust anything drastically. Also need to clean my salt cell, so that should be a fun project soon.

797CC33C-DAA8-4FB8-93E8-26017EB4E8F4.jpeg
Nice and clear and heated to 80

salt is still a lot high. Guess I’m gonna have to drain about 20% of my water. Or just have my kids splash 20% out.

View attachment 139566
I can finally see the bottom in the deep end. And wow that’s a lot of sand down there. Lightning McQueen is on it.

test results from this morning

fc 6
Ta 60
Cya 45
Ph 7.5
Ch 150
Salt 4400

awaiting new reagents before I try and adjust anything drastically. Also need to clean my salt cell, so that should be a fun project soon.

Is your salt cell giving you a warning light that it needs to be cleaned? Ours is and I was a bit shocked. I didn't think it would need to be cleaned since it was just installed in September when our pool was completed...

Reactions: Cephrael

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is your salt cell giving you a warning light that it needs to be cleaned? Ours is and I was a bit shocked. I didn't think it would need to be cleaned since it was just installed in September when our pool was completed...
Yep. Inspect cell light is lit and it’s showing 1900 for salt. My test showed 5000. Just got new reagents too. If that’s right I need to get rid of almost 8000 gallons of water. That’s a lot of cannonballs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.