First time intex pool. Prep advice...

awvickers

Apr 12, 2021
Minneapolis, MN
This summer our family is finally getting an Intex pool. I've set up a few of these for friends and family, but now that I'm doing it for myself I'm getting a little obsessive with the prep work. Reading various forum posts and watching numerous YoutTube vids, I plan to level out at area of my yard by using the water level approach, then plan to do the insulation foam bottom and lastly use pavers for the legs.

We have a 20' Intex Ultra XTR and wondering if anyone can share more exact measurements? I'm trying to do as much prep work and measurements ahead of time as I can. Therefore I'm curious the spacing between the legs and also if the 20' diameter is measured from the outside to outside of the frame or if from the inside? I'm wanting to make sure that the circle I level out will have enough room for the foam and pavers. Should I prepare for a 21' or a 22' circle on the ground?

1618252464879.png

I tried this. Don't. You'll annoy yourself to death and it won't work out the way you planned and be even more frustrating.

Plan for 2-3' beyond the pool diameter. Then set up your pool frame top without legs and figure out about where your blocks will go for the legs. You'll want a 12x12 area to play with for the blocks. I then laid out my foam within the circle of blocks and after filling the pool gently cut away excess with a razor knife.

I tried this. Don't. You'll annoy yourself to death and it won't work out the way you planned and be even more frustrating.

Plan for 2-3' beyond the pool diameter. Then set up your pool frame top without legs and figure out about where your blocks will go for the legs. You'll want a 12x12 area to play with for the blocks. I then laid out my foam within the circle of blocks and after filling the pool gently cut away excess with a razor knife.
hello merc. I installed some 1 inch foam and now i need to place my blocks. my phone is only 12 feed wide, and so is my pool. I was wonder. Should my blocks be level with the ground or top of my one inch foam? thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.